Important Dates to Remember:
Thursday, November 20th: November Birthday Celebration
Friday, November 21st: Science Leadership Meeting: Substitute
Wed-Fri, November 26th -28th: Thanksgiving Holiday: NO SCHOOL
Instruction for the Week
We are running low on snacks! It is the first of the month. We now have 24 students. Please remember that no snacks should contain peanuts. Thank you!
Thank you to all the families that turned in the turkey project. During Morning Meeting this week, your child will share their turkey.
Comprehension Skill: Comparing and Contrasting two characters
Sight Words: day/yes/no
Letter of the Week: Tt
Centers this week will consist of the following:
- Read to Self: Students will read self-selected books. As they read, they will search for sight words.
- Read with Someone: Students will read with a 4th grade buddy. The buddies will ask the students about the main character.
- Word Work: Students will read around the room, rainbow write, use stampers, and make a sight word flip book.
- Writing: Students focus on punctuation, labeling, and making a “Wow” picture.
- Listening: Students will listen to a story twice this week. The first time, they will write their favorite part and the second time, they will be given a writing prompt based on the story.
This week, we will focus on Native Americans and Pilgrims. Students will learn about life when the Pilgrims first came to the United States. We will compare and contrast a Native American Cinderella story to the traditional Cinderella.
Students will work in small group centers. Students will work together and have discussions about different math problems and why they come up with their answers in their Math Journals. Here are the concepts we will cover this week:
- counting by 10s
- ST Math
- using a ten frame
- playing Math games